About our school's history:

 

Ahiohill National school was established in 1871, co-existing with, and eventually replacing a church school which was situated on the church grounds.

 

In 1967 a new school was built and the old school was converted into a community centre.

 

In 2007, under the Department of Education and Science Devolved Grants Scheme Ahiohill National School doubled in size and was re-equipped with all the modern day teaching facilities and equipment.