Ahiohill Montessori is a privately run sessional preschool service in a rural area of Enniskeane parish in West Cork. The Montessori is in the grounds of Ahiohill National School and has been open since 2009. We cater for children aged 2 years and 9 months up to 6 years. We have one large classroom so the children are all together, this allows for vertical learning where the younger children watch and learn from the older children’s confidence, skills and abilities, and the older children learn how to nurture and respect their younger classmates.
The Montessori session runs from 9:15am to 12:15pm Monday to Friday.
Ahiohill Montessori offers fun, purposeful opportunities that will stimulate language, social, physical, emotional and intellectual growth while offering a secure learning environment -which encourages co-operation and a positive response to others.
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes and respects the individuality of each child.
- We aim to develop a partnership between home and pre-school, and view parents as partners.
- To provide a happy safe environment where the children can learn, become independent and develop.
- To provide a structured, well-planned curriculum suited to the individual needs of young children.
- To provide a child centered environment in order to develop the whole child.